Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nailpolishes and lipsticks..

A couple of days ago I set out on a trip to a Whole Foods store, and unfortunately for my bank account, Whole Foods happens to share the parking lot with Ulta...So there really was no way for me to leave the shopping center without going to Ulta...:-)
I think I did pretty good in terms of staying away from the Smashbox, Urban Decay and the perfume sections. Although, at first I did pick up Urban Decay Primer Potion (I'm using MAC Prep+Prime right now and I do not like it whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure that if I buy another product of this kind, my MAC one would just go to waste. So I decided to use at least half of it and then try something else).
So here is what I bought from Ulta:
-- O P I Nail Polish!!!--
Ulta had a "buy 2, get 2 free" offer which I don't think many people can resist....
Left to right: base coat; Who Needs A Prince?, Parlez-vouz OPI?; top coat.

I haven't tried "Parlez-vouz OPI" yet but I did try the Who Needs A Prince one and I LOVE IT! It looks light and neutral inside but you can actually see beautiful pink undertone when the sun hits it.

--Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lippies--
Ulta had the same "buy 2, get 2 free!" offer for these to, so I decided to give them a try.


Left to right: Pink Cloud, Royal Red, Metallic Mauve, Wine on Ice.













I think Maybelline Moisture Extreme is good enough for the price and it goes on just like the Revlon Lustrous from my Mini Drug Store haul, which I included in the next picture:
Left to right: Metallic Mauve, Pink Cloud and Twinkled Pink (Revlon) -

I have to say that Maybelline and Revlon are probably my favs drug store lipsticks.
What is your favorite drug store brand?

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches, those are really pretty colours. I wish my camera couls capture swatches so well - it won't focus too well that close up. Are the maybelline lipsticks really moisturising? I haven't ever tried them, always end up going back to lipgloss cos I usually find lipstick too drying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that these maybelline lipsticks are a lot more moisturising than NYX round lipsticks, for example. But I have to keep reapplying them every 40 or so minutes.
    I actually went back to using lipsticks not so long ago - lipglosses are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete