Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Everyday Minerals

I received my Everyday Minerals order a few days ago and I was so excited about the concept of mineral make up and the "good" that it's supposed to do to the skin.

So, I ordered a Flat Top Brush, Long Handled Kabuki, Blush in Natural and, of coarse, a free sample kit. ( 3 samples of foundation - Multi-tasking, Fair Medium and Pink Tan; 2 blushes - Jingle Bells and Soft Touch and a concealer - Mint). Plus, they threw in 3 free gifts, which happened to be eyeshadows! I think I was actually more excited about those eyeshadows then the rest of this haul, I guess because it was a surprise. :-)

I have to say that I absolutely love the brushes! They are incredibly soft and only cost $10 each! I would definately say these brushes are worth the money.


Now, lets move to the actual make up...I haven't tried the foundations yet because I decided to wait for the weekend when I don't have to rush anywhere and really play with my make up.


Here are some swatches:

1. Eyeshadows that came as a free gift. Left to right: Silver Bells, Sleigh Ride, Christmas Carol.
2. Blushes. Top to bottom: Natural, Soft Touch, Jingle Bells.

I did try the brushes, blushes and a concealer.
I used the concealer, which is mint-green, to cover up those areas that have some redness (around my nose and chin). I think it does a pretty good job and I actually think it looks more natural on me than my usual MAC Studio Finish Concealer (in terms of covering redness).
The brushes are wonderful, so I can't complain about that.
However, I have to say that I was disappointed with the blushes. Now that I look at the swatches, I think the colors are actually pretty. "Jingle Bells" reminded me of the MSF So Ceylon and I actually used both of them today - Jingle Bells on the apple of my cheeks and So Ceylon as a highlighter - and kind of blended the two. I ended up liking it. The blush in Natural, however, has wayyy to much shimmer in it and I doubt that it would work well as an everyday blush. I'm going to have to use a very light hand with it, if I use it. Third, the Soft Touch is probably too "soft" for me since it practically did not show up on my cheeks. I'll try using the last two tomorrow and we'll see what happens. So, I guess there are more blush experiments to come...
For now though, I would say a big yay! to the Mint concealer/brushes and a baby yay! to the blushes...:-)




4 comments:

  1. These brushes are AMAZING for mineral makeup. Everyday minerals are really good but it took me ages to fing the right colours and formulation for me - O glo and intensive are the most long lasting on me. Try a few different blush samples and stuff. The concealers are also great - the Abbots Perk Me Up is also good, I like it for under eye circles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the blush in natural as a highlighter today and it turned out to be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a lot of raves with EM so YAY to your new purchases.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Luckymirai! I used EM Soft Touch blush and then applied EM blush in Natural as a highlighter today and I actually start to like EM's products more and more!

    ReplyDelete