Saturday, January 17, 2009

MAC Haul (plus Sonia Kashuk and Victoria's Secret)

My MAC order finally came and it absolutely made my first week of school so much better!
I also included a gift that I got from a friend at work - a set of Victoria's Secret lotions, and a Sonia Kashuk blending brush, which I picked up last night at Target.
Firstly, I bought 2 MSFs: Petticoat and MSF Natural in Light Natural. A couple of days after I placed this order I heard that MSF Natural in Light Medium is way too light for those who are NC20...and so I guess I was a little upset since I'm NC20 and it sounded like I got the wrong shade BUT - let me tell you, it looks wonderful and it turned out to be the perfect shade for me! I use it to set my foundation and I only need 1-2 touch ups during the day!

Here is a picture of the 2 MSFs and my 2 new MAC blushes in Well Dressed and Gingerly (both are amazing). Left to right:Petticoat,Well Dressed, Light Medium and Gingerly:When the Dame Edna collection came out, I actually didn't like it whatsoever because of the packaging and I thought the colors aren't really "me". But then I figured that I really don't own any bright lipsticks and this would be a great time to try something completely new! Truth be told, even though it's nowhere to being "bright", I ended up ordering Creme D'Nude too...

So, here they are: Coral Polyp(Amplified), Creme D'Nude(Cremesheen) and Gladiola(Matte): Needless to say, Creme D'Nude is the favorite lipstick ever. Even though dark red lips are in this season I think I'll still stick with good old smoky eye and nude lips! I really love the Dame Edna lippies too. I have no idea why I used to be almost scared of wearing bright lipstick but these two managed to make me completely change my mind!
Next, Sonia Kashuk blending brush and 3 lovely MAC products - Paint Pots and a gel eyeliner!Left to right: Paint Pot in Bare Study, Fluidline in Blacktrack and Paint Pot in Constructivist:

I did try Bare Study and, unfortunately, I can definately say that I could live without it. I kind of expected the consistency to be a bit more creamy, but the color is beautiful and it does bring the color out in eyeshadows. I think maybe I apply too much or too little of this product, so if anyone can actually let me know the amount they use I would definately appreciate it! :-)

The Fluidline, on the other hand, is my new "love"...this is the first time I tried it and I'm so very very happy I bought it! I seriously doubt that I'll use a regular pencil eyeliner any time soon! It goes on so smooth and it looks amazing.

Lastly, I stocked up on my HG foundation and concealer - Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 and Select Cover-Up in NW20. I set my foundation with MSF Natural and - viola! - it gives my the perfect coverage. Please feel free to comment or let me know if you have any questions!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis. Thanks for subbing and visiting my blog! I'm glad my review helped you. =)

    Nice haul too! I have a SK blending brush and I love it more than my Mac #224. Maybe mine was defective or something, haha. I love MSFNs and Select Cover-Up concealers as well so good choices! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice stuff u have bought :) I was about to ask u how the fluidliner was, but then i say it was your love, hehe. I think it's time for me to buy it soon too! It looks really good and easy applying =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!
    TML&It;3 - you should definately try Fluidline..I know MAC fluidline in purple is next on my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will buy at the taxfree when I go to Germany in february! Can't wait! What brush do u think I should get with it?

    Purple sounds nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TML&It;3 - I use MAC 266 brush, its angled and it's really easy to use! I tried using one of those very thing brushes, 209/210,but I think these require a lot of practice/experience and time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really beautiful i think, sad they break your nails :\ Now im kind of scared they would break mine, couse they are finally really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking out my blog!! Love the haul. I was wondering what you thought of the Constructivist Paint Pot??

    ReplyDelete
  8. M*Shellers - I still haven't tried the Constructivist paint pot..but I'll post an update when I do (probably tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Mac haul, Ive got the same fluidline and I love it. Need to try some of the natural msfs next.

    ReplyDelete