Sunday, December 28, 2008

Painful but worth it...


I started my toothwhitening procedure a few days ago, using Crest Whitestrips Pro Effects, which can be purchased at any drug store or Target or Walmart.
You are supposed to use the stips for 10 days, wear each strip for 30 minutes twice a day. There are 40 strips in a box.
My first impression was that its painless and easy. Then I noticed that my teeth and gums are getting more and more sensitive after about 2 days of using it! After about 3 days of using it as directed, my whole mouth was practically in pain! However, it did make my teeth whiter and the pain goes away in about 12 hours.
So, I decided to compromise by using one strip a day before bed, that way it doesn't hurt as much and my teeth still get noticeably whiter. Now, I don't smoke and I try to brush my teeth after each meal, so it worked for me but I'm not sure how well it would work for those who smoke, for example.
Would I recommend this product? If you are super pain sensitive, then this product is probably not for you. The results are noticeable in about 5 days after using as directed, but you have to be ready to handle some pain...

1 comment:

  1. ouch ouch these things make my teeth hurt so bad that I have to pop a couple of tylenol xtra strength before hand! lol But they work amazingly for me!

    ReplyDelete